Maxim Health Systems is a community-driven organization that is committed to educating the public about the benefits of flu and pneumonia immunization and ensuring that the vaccine is widely accessible. Whether you’re at high risk of complications from the flu, looking to reduce health care costs for your company, or just wanting to stay healthy this flu season, we encourage you to learn more about the flu vaccine and how Maxim can help.
As a premier provider of flu shots, wellness services, and health education, our on-site programs are designed to provide preventive care for:
- Corporations and their employees
- Physicians and their patients
- Retail locations and their customers
- Senior living facilities and their residents
- Public access facilities and their community members
- General public
- Schools and colleges/universities
Growing public awareness regarding the dangers of influenza has created a great demand for flu shots. Every fall, millions of people across the nation get vaccinated since it’s still the very best way to stay protected from the flu. Maxim hosts thousands of public flu shot clinics across the country each year to vaccinate people for influenza. These flu shot clinics are easily accessible, often held in local pharmacies, grocery stores, or retail establishments.
The CDC recommends that you receive a flu shot if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- all persons who want to reduce the risk of becoming ill with influenza or of transmitting influenza to others
- all children aged 6 months to 18 years old
- all persons aged 50 years and older
- children and adolescents (aged 6 months to 18 years) receiving long-term aspirin therapy
- women who will be pregnant during the influenza season
- adults and children who have chronic pulmonary (including asthma), cardiovascular (except hypertension), renal, hepatic, hematological, or metabolic disorders (including diabetes mellitus)
- adults and children who are immunosuppressed
- residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities
- healthcare personnel
- healthy household contacts (including children) and caregivers of children aged less than 5 years and adults aged 50 years and older
- healthy household contacts (including children) and caregivers of persons with medical conditions that put them at higher risk for severe complications from influenza
To find a flu clinic location near you, use our online Flu Shot Locator.
Questions about flu services, clinic information, or other flu related topics?
Schedule a reminder to receive an email reminding you to check back for updated clinic information and locations.